- Has a complete understanding of all meats, seasonings, smoking procdures, cleaning and portioning procedures.
- Sets up, stocks and organizes work stations at the beginning of the day.
- Setts levels for production of food items.
- Cuts and prepares food items. Portions food items and stores them in proper containers.
- Uses knives, measuring ladles, scoops, scales, can opener or other kitchen equipment, tools or utensils.
- Checks stock levels in coolers for sufficient stock.
- Maintains proper food storage temperatures and rotation, using FIFO Method.
- Performs other duties in all areas of the kitchen as needed
- Ensures smoked meats are properly prepared, processed and plated during shifts.
- Knows cooking time for all items to ensure correct doneness.
- Organizes items for preparation in order to ensure accuracy of items ordered.
- Preparers menu items, paying attention to plate presentation and garnish of each plate.
- Comprehends all production sheets and tools as they pertain to the pit department and can use them in daily operations as well as training situations.
- Complies with all health and safety regulations.
- A professional appearanceand professional demeanor is essential.
- Following established procedures in an efficient manner.
- Cooperating with other employees to meet the demands of the kitchen.
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Employee Discount
- Flexible Schedule
- Vacation Pay
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
When Pitmaster Rodney Scott was in middle school, he started cooking whole hogs at his family’s restaurant in rural South Carolina. By the time he was in his mid-twenties he already had more experience in the bbq pits than most men twice his age. Rodney, along with his partners at Rodney Scott’s BBQ opened the original Charleston, SC location in 2017 and the very next year Rodney Scott was awarded the James Beard Award for Best Chef Southeast. There is now a second location of Rodney Scott’s BBQ in Birmingham, AL with plans for two more there and an Atlanta, GA location slated to open in 2021. Pit-Cooked meats make the difference that is evident from the first bite. Each location has working bbq pits and pitmasters trained in the techniques of live-coal cooking that Rodney grew up mastering. Our kitchens produce classic side dishes—collard greens, baked beans, mac and cheese, coleslaw, potato salad--and banana pudding is layerd, and hand pies baked every day. Our restaurants evoke the spirit of Rodney’s love of music and people gathering together over a table of great food. A disco ball spins and funk and soul music fills the air. Rodney Scott’s Whole Hog BBQ is a place for everyone where “Every Day is a Great Day”
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)