- Knowledgeable of all Dining Room and Kitchen systems and operations; must demonstrate the ability to run effective shifts in all aspects of the restaurant.
- Provides direction, coaching, and leadership for all Employees including training, safety and sanitation, and company policies and procedures.
- Communicates effectively with the Management Team and staff.
- Effectively maintains the restaurant’s facility, both exterior and interior, to the Company standards (clean, neat, and organized) and ensures sufficient supply levels of tools available for both FOH and BOH Employees to execute their responsibilities.
- Writes department schedule, effectively maintaining labor goals and Guest satisfaction. The schedule should be planned using forecasted sales and labor budget, while taking Employee availabilities, requests and vacations into consideration.
- Responsible for posting department schedule in a timely manner. Ensures adequate advance notice is provided when posting holiday schedules.
- Communicates effectively with vendors.
- Knowledgeable of inventory procedures and is able to complete weekly inventory in their area of responsibility.
- Provides direction, coaching, and leadership for all employees including FOH and BOH training, safety and sanitation, and company policies and procedures.
- Interviews and assists in the hiring of all departments to maintain appropriate staffing par levels.
- Effectively maintains an area of responsibility in restaurant.
- Maintains a strong sales focus, and coaching Employees throughout and after the shift
- Exceptional leadership and motivational skills required. Must be able to attract, train, develop and retain the very best Employees in the industry.
- Exceptionally strong Guest focus mentality, with the ability to provide an exceptional dining experience for each Guest.
- Ability to define, measure and attain stretch financial goals for the restaurant – with a focus on year-over-year sales growth, Guest count increases, effective staffing levels, great service, add-on sales, and labor cost management.
- Ability to see, hear, read, and write. Basic math and verbal communication skills required.
- Ability to comprehend and follow written and verbal direction.
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Employee Discount
- Flexible Schedule
- Vacation Pay
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
When Pitmaster Rodney Scott was in middle school, he started cooking whole hogs at his family’s restaurant in rural South Carolina. By the time he was in his mid-twenties he already had more experience in the bbq pits than most men twice his age. Rodney, along with his partners at Rodney Scott’s BBQ opened the original Charleston, SC location in 2017 and the very next year Rodney Scott was awarded the James Beard Award for Best Chef Southeast. There is now a second location of Rodney Scott’s BBQ in Birmingham, AL with plans for two more there and an Atlanta, GA location slated to open in 2021. Pit-Cooked meats make the difference that is evident from the first bite. Each location has working bbq pits and pitmasters trained in the techniques of live-coal cooking that Rodney grew up mastering. Our kitchens produce classic side dishes—collard greens, baked beans, mac and cheese, coleslaw, potato salad--and banana pudding is layerd, and hand pies baked every day. Our restaurants evoke the spirit of Rodney’s love of music and people gathering together over a table of great food. A disco ball spins and funk and soul music fills the air. Rodney Scott’s Whole Hog BBQ is a place for everyone where “Every Day is a Great Day”
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)